In this article, I’ll show you how to orchestrate AI puppets to successfully tackle a real-life marketing challenge where the agents work together to:
- analyze customer data profiles
- select the ideal products for targeted marketing
- create compelling promotional text for those products.
We will use a new framework called CrewAI, enabling autonomous AI agents to collaborate and achieve common goals. Everything is documented in the provided Colab notebook, so you can replicate and adapt it to your own use case.
CrewAI is a new framework that facilitates the collaboration of AI agents. The agents can adopt specific roles, share common objectives, and — as a whole — function as an efficient team. It is open source and built upon Langchain. Some alternatives in the same field are Microsofts AutoGen and ChatDev.
The main concepts of CrewAI revolve around three core entities: Agents, Tasks, and Crews.
- Agents: These are standalone units programmed to perform tasks , make decisions and communicate with other agents. They can use Tools which can be simple search functions or complex integrations involving other chains, APIs, etc.
- Tasks: Tasks are assignments or jobs that an AI agent needs to complete. They can include additional information like which agent should do it and what tools they might need.
- A Crew is a team of agents, each with a specific role, that work together to achieve a common goal. The process of forming a crew involves assembling agents, defining their tasks and establishing a sequence of task execution.
To test out what it’s capable of, I devised the following scenario…
Imagine you are the head of a local retailer. Next week you’ll run a promotion campaign on 12 products. Which products will you target to which customers? As you can…