Special Thanks to Google ML Developer Programs Teams and our GDG Community Manager for supporting us to held this event.
Keras Community Day Surabaya 2023 summary and highlight will be shared in this articles. This event was a collaboration from TFUG Surabaya and GDG Surabaya. And Also, GDSC from East Java. We have almost 446 attendees with almost 100 people as female attendees.
This event consisted of 13 speakers, from Google Developer Experts, academia, and industry experts. This event also includes ML reading paper sessions on how to understand machine learning research papers. We also have 3 workshop sessions besides the seminar at our event.
During our session we provide live captions during the event because of covering participants with special needs. Here is the list of our speakers and topics for our main session:
- Esther Irawati Setiawan, ML GDE, speaks about “What’s New in TensorFlow/Keras”.
- Kuan Hong, ML GDE, speaks about “An Introduction to Keras Core”.
- Joan Santoso, Lead Organizer from TFUG Surabaya, speaks about “Understanding of Keras Philosophy to create robust machine learning models.”
- Ralph Regalado, ML GDE, speaks about “Introduction to Keras NLP”
- Nitin Tiwari, ML GDE, speaks about “Venturing into the world of GenAI with Keras and TensorFlow”
- Henry Wicaksono and Richard Gunawan, speaker from industry, speaks about “Exploring the Future of AI: Generative AI and Its Applications”
- Aldo Lionel, speaker from industry, speaks about “Machine Learning using Google Tools”
We have a special guest workshop to give an insight for participants to understand machine learning research papers. This workshop was given by Prof. Aji from academia.
We have 3 practical sessions workshop that is given by our TFUG Surabaya core team covering several topics: Introduction to Machine Learning by Mikhael Chris, KerasCV by Billy Kelvianto Cahyadi, and Keras with JAX by Patrick Sutanto.
This event was also streamed online for participants that cannot register onsite to the event.
This event was also published in our local media as follows:
The photo album of our event can be seen at here and for the highlight video can be seen in our social media. We hope that the success of Keras Community Day Surabaya 2023 will contribute to advancing the development of the Machine Learning community in Indonesia, especially in our city Surabaya. Join our community at meetup and social media to get the latest information.